Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Project Life--The Details So Far

     Ok, so I have been looking into this whole Project Life thing and I cannot believe I have not heard about it before now! Normally, I do my scrapbooking in the traditional way by just occasionally going back and documenting the important events in our lives. Trips, holidays, big events, etc. However, with project life, you go week to week and document things from each week as you go throughout the year. How fun!

     I have decided that I will wait until January 1, 2014 to start my very own Project Life. Until then I will have to accumulate a few things to help me make it! Items I need:

  • A cute binder to put my complete pages in.
  • Project Life page kits
  • Project Life Core Kit of some kind (starting place)
  • A new cartridge for my Cricut-Craft Room (They have the perfect rounded corner square to make my own Project Life Cards)
  • Some new scrapbooking embellishments (I may have to talk my hubs into this one because I already have a blue million scrapbooking supplies)


     First, I need to set up some kind of organizational system to help me keep everything all nice and tidy! More than likely, I will just use the new filing cabinet my husband and I got from IKEA for only $20 (I now love IKEA! I had never been before we moved to San Diego.) It will probably need its very own drawer. =) My regular scrapbooking already has one drawer......Anyway, if I let it get unorganized, I probably will not keep up with it. This way, I can just go a few weeks collecting stuff and then go back every so many weeks or so and put together my pages.
     Second, I will need to get in the habit of actually gathering things and taking notes on a near daily basis so I do not have to think back at the end of the week. This way I do not have to risk missing any of the details that seem small at the time but I will be glad I remembered later.
    Finally, I just need to get started! I cannot wait and the anticipation will be killing me! Until then, maybe I can get fully caught up on my current scrapbook. That should be interesting. I will post the pages I have so far and I will try to do updates on all of my projects as I go.



Alisha <3 comment-3--="">

No comments:

Post a Comment