Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

DIY Gifts: 52 Reasons I Love You

When we were dating and our first Christmas was coming up I wanted to do something special for my husband (then boyfriend). I saw an interesting idea on Pinterest and I took it a step further.

The idea was I would get a deck of cards and come up with 52 reasons why I loved him. It may seem like a daunting task but if you truly love someone then it is surprisingly easy to come up with 52 reasons why that is. Even though 52 seems like a large number, believe me, you will be wishing you had more cards!


First, I got my deck of cards and I stained the cards with a brown crayola marked dipped in water to give them an antiquey feel. I also scratched them up some so the color would seep in.

Well, honestly, first I wrote up a list of 52 reasons why I loved him on a piece of paper and THEN I got the cards and stained them.

After the cards dried, I punched two holes along the back of each on with my 3-hole punch. All you have to do is adjust the little puncher things (descriptive, I know) to the right distance apart. I think you can do this with most of them! The holes were for the binder rings I used to hold all of the cards together.

Next, I glued on rough-edged pieces of paper where I would actually write my reasons because I did not want the background to be to busy. This would make it much easier to read. After the glue was dry, I went through and wrote all of my reasons on the cards.

Finally, I sealed all of the cards with a clear-coat and when that dried I put all of the cards on the binder rings. I glued the rings together so they would not come apart.  I added a few finishing touches and in the end, my hubs absolutely loved it!

Here are some photos of my finished product!



 





No comments:

Post a Comment