Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Our Lovely DIY Save the Dates!

I knew that I had to do something cute for our save the dates that was "us." I decided to use our engagement photos (some of which I even took myself with a tripod and remote!) and make cute overlays on them or generate a complete design all by myself! Not gonna lie, I got most of my basic ideas from Pinterest! However, I changed each on to fit our style and the style of our wedding! I came up with 10 designs total but decided to only use 9 of them in the end.
My hubs was really helpful in deciding which ones to even make to begin with and he helped me narrow it down. Here they are! Please let me know what you think and if you like what you see, pin it on Pinterest!!  Just a side note....but when I went to create a folder for these on my computer I figured I would just abbreviate instead of writing out the full Save The Dates......I ended up with STDs.....hmmmm...had to rethink my naming of the folder....I don't know, it amused me.  Anyway.......




For the first one, I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down all of our important milestones throughout our relationship.
  • When we first met
  • Our first date
  • When we said "I love you"
  • Date of our engagement
  • When we originally got married
  • Where we have lived and when we moved there
  • Finally, when our wedding will be!
I added more details to these main points as well to give it a more personal touch! I used these same milestones for the one that looks like a library card.


For two of them, you have probably already seen that I used the same photo. Honestly, this is because, for both my husband and I, this is our absolute favorite photo of us! I am proud to say that I took and edited it as well! =)


For the two above, The first was meant to look like a chalkboard. One, I just like how it looks and two, we will have chalkboards a plenty at our wedding having the many details of our day!


For these two, I used the milestones of our relationship again and also a "cardboard" look with the basics. I have to say, I really, really like the ones with the milestones. =)



For this last one, I could not resist using a design I saw on Pinterest! Our wedding will only be mildly formal (Hey, the bridesmaids and I will be wearing cowboy boots for goodness sake!) and we want to keep it light and fun. I think this particular one gives us just that! We are, after all, throwing a big party to celebrate our love!


What did you do or what do you want to do for your save the dates? Was I able to give you any ideas? Let me know what you think and do not forget to pin your faves on Pinterest!!









No comments:

Post a Comment