Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Helpful Websites For Living Overseas: Places That Will Ship to FPO!

We may not have been here (Bahrain) very long but it did not take me long to figure out I could not get everything I wanted on the local market and especially at a reasonable price! Yes, some stuff is insanely cheap, which I love, but there are some things that just are not worth the price on them!  Over the last few months I have found a few very helpful websites which will ship to FPO addresses and some are even free or free with a minimum order. I am sure the list will continue to grow as we live here but so here is what I have so far:

Walmart.com
You can get most of your dry good needs taken care of here! The best part is that you can typically get free shipping for spending just $50.00, which, believe me, is not hard to do! If you don't qualify for the free shipping it is still extremely cheap and so worth it! I have found that there are a few very random items that cannot be shipped here (Bahrain) for either size restrictions on FPO boxes or other unknown reasons. Typically your estimate delivery time will be anywhere from 1 week to 1 month away but my stuff has almost always gotten here within a week! Crazy fast!

Amazon.com
How did we ever live before Amazon? I mean really...You can seriously buy anything there! I have, so far, ordered some crafty stuff, stuff for our wedding invites, books, movies, and even an external hard drive since being here and not only does stuff get here fast, but my Amazon Prime membership has already paid for itself at least twice over because of the free shipping! It is almost always worth it to pay the few extra dollars for something that qualifies for Prime instead of ordering something that does not even thought it might be cheaper. I actually just ordered 10 different TV seasons today with my husband so we shall see how soon they get here!

Usgrocer.com
For those things you cannot get from Walmart that you just HAVE to have. The prices are a little higher, but you do get free shipping with no minimum order. They have daily specials as well. I found a few things I wanted that walmart was out or just simply did not offer online. Certainly will not be using it for my regular grocery shopping but only the items I cannot find elsewhere and cannot live without.

OldNavy.com
Oh how I love Old Navy. They have such cute stuff and always have great sales going on!

HobbyLobby.com
I cannot tell you how thrilled I was when I figured this out! I could get all my acrylic paint shipped to me and didn't have to pay the crazy out-in-town prices!

Autozone.com
For all of your car part needs when you can't find what you need locally or it is some kind of ridiculous price! They had fast shipping and their customer service was relatively helpful when we had an issue. Also, they were very quick to resolve mistakes with our order.


I know there are other wonderful websites that will ship to FPO as well but these were the ones I used most often! 99% of the time I could get what I wanted from Amazon and that made the Prime membership pay for itself in only a few orders. It was wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment