Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Out of the Hotel and Into Our Villa!

Finally! In the end of March we were able to get out of our hotel! Now, don't get me wrong, the dragon was amazing, especially the part where I got to eat a breakfast every morning of fresh fruit and I did not have to do a damn thing to make it! Ha! It was great but it was also nice to move into our new villa and start making it our own.

To move out of the hotel and into our villa we had to pack up all our stuff from the hotel, both what we had brought with us and what we had acquired since getting to Bahrain. We had to load it all up into the car and the van hubby brought from work. Then Bill follows me to the villa because he has never seen it! He trusted me to find something we would love. We get there and pull up to the villa and before we start unloading, of course, he wants to see the inside. I show him around and he loves it! I'm so happy that he likes it!! 

After Bill's little tour of the place we have to bring in all our stuff. It is a crazy amount of stuff that we have amassed since we got to the hotel. SO much stuff! Seriously, because even our express shipment had already arrived while at the hotel. We carried it all in and then collapsed onto the couch. 

The day before, I had gone to the Al Jazira complex to get internet. I ended up going with Viva because it seemed like the best deal at the time. However, I had managed to somehow forget about the Zain tower RIGHT NEXT to our darn villa. Dang. Anyway, we had internet so we could at least use the computers and not be completely bored out of our minds.

I also had to schedule our HHG delivery once it finally arrived. Fortunately, it was not too long after moving in.  Our stuff actually arrived before a friend's stuff that had even been packed BEFORE ours! Certainly do not know how it worked out that way but, hey, I'm not complaining.

From there, the movers unpacked and re-assembled EVERYTHING and even got it to the correct room (for the most part.) Wow. We always knew they could do this but had never taken advantage of it with stateside moves. Now, our movers will never be getting off easy again! I don't have to un-pack anything and it will be even more glorious than not having to move ourselves! They took the boxes and packing material when they left and while our house was definitely dirty and needing cleaned again, our stuff was there and I could begin to make it feel like home.



No comments:

Post a Comment